What is Key Club?
Key Club International is a youth service-leadership organization sponsored by Kiwanis International. It is the oldest and largest service program for high school students. It is entirely student-led at every level: Key Club International, districts, and individual clubs are all ran by students.
Today, Key Club exists on more than 5,000 high school campuses, primarily in the United States and Canada, but also in the Caribbean nations, Central and South America, and most recently Asia and Australia.
Key Club's core values include:
- Character Building
The Key Club pledge:
I pledge, on my honor, to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school, and community; to serve my nation and God; and to combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions.
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship, and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and good will.