Picture of David

Hello, everyone—my name is David Guirgis, and I am honored and humbled to serve you as the Lieutenant Governor of Division 16 for the 2014-2015 service year! To start off, a few things about me: I’m a hopeless romantic. That’s just how I always viewed that whole concept of love—it’s naïve, for sure, but to me love is simple, it’s unstoppable, it’s supposed to be endless. (SORRY—right now I’m listening to “Brooklyn Nights”, which is a Lady Gaga leak and probably one of the best songs I’ve ever heard.) That’s another thing; music drives me, and I have this crazy eclectic taste level where somehow Kanye West ends up next to Kacey Musgraves ends up next to Katy Perry, with a bit of Ed Sheeran and my queen Lana Del Rey mixed in there. There’s something about how music can sum up your mood, your views, your current life so easily and so perfectly that you can’t help but listen. (REALLY MUSHY SO FAR. WOW.)

Service is one of the most important things that you, as a human being, can do—law may not require us to help others, but as a human being how can you stand to watch someone suffer and not even try to aid them, comfort them in any way they can? This is the entire reason for Key Club’s existence. This is the reason why we’re here today—to serve. To help whoever we can, really, and have fun doing it.

I’m fully realizing all too late that this whole thing is at risk of sounding like tacky campaign speech (*resounding sad face*) and yet I can find no other way to describe what Key Club is like. Words are beautiful, but ever so limited—one can only use so many.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands,one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

Audrey Hepburn

Here’s to a beautiful service year filled with life, laughter, love, and a desire to serve, in any and every way possible. Here’s to the fruition of the concept of Key Club.

Endless, endless love, in caring and service and you--

The Clubs I Managed

My Blog Posts

Contact Me