Picture of

I would like to introduce myself as the Lieutenant Governor of Division 16 for the 2015-2016 service year. My name is Christine Jimenez and I am currently a Junior at County Prep High School. In the past, I have served as a general member, a delegate and the president of my home club before taking on this role as Lieutenant Governor. This service year is going to be my fourth but hopefully not my last year as part of the K-Family.

I embarked on my Key Club journey in the beginning of my freshman year. At first I was simply looking to join any club in order to make new friends and make my high school experience a memorable one. In the beginning, I was a bit overwhelmed by the idea of being in high school, but after a few short days I was joining clubs and making the best out of my high school days. Once I came across Key Club, I initially thought "Why would people want to make keys?" With much curiosity, I decided to attend a Key Club meeting and quickly did I realize the true meaning and message behind Key Club: to serve others. Key Club is truly about helping others in your school, community, and even those across the world.

Many people ask me, "What makes Key Club so special?" There isn't one correct answer for this actually. Key Club offers so many opportunities to individuals that go out of their way to help others, such as scholarships. It also helps unite students with a common goal to make friends and to serve others. Every single time that I attend events like Distrist Convention (DCON), Regional Training Conferences, and even Midwinter, I fall in love with Key Club all over again.

Key Club has influenced my life in ways that I never thought possible. This outstanding club truly opened my eyes to the reality of the world we live in, the troubles that face our community, and what every single individual can do to help. I hope to be able to spread the passion for service to those around me and to influence our members to remain active in their clubs throughout the 2015-2016 service year.

Although I am actively involved in Key Club, I do participate in clubs and activities outside of Key Club. I enjoy drawing, playing volleyball, cooking, and spending time with family and friends. I am involved in Student Government,  Girls Leadership, Math Honor Society, and Skills USA. I also manage to work part-time at Aeropostale in Newport Mall. Although I may seem to do a lot of other activities, I know how to prioritize and I can certainly assure you that Key Club is one of my top priorities! As Lieutenant Governor I have numerous responsibilities as well as goals that I have set forth for the 2015-2016 service year which include the following:

I’m incredibly excited for this service year and I am honored to be your 2015-2016 Lieutenant Governor. I will strive to do my best for our division. With that said, any advice, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me at my email, l​tg16.jimenez@gmail.com,​or you can call/text me at (201)-421-9623. I’m looking forward to meeting all of you very soon!

The Clubs I Manage

My Blog Posts