Picture of

My name is David Guirgis. Currently (until September, at least) I’m a junior at McNair Academic High School in Jersey City, NJ, and a proud Key Clubber hailing from Division 16 of the New Jersey District! I am beyond proud and honored to once again be a part of the New Jersey District Board, this time serving as your District Editor for the 2015-2016 service year!

Over this past year, I have come to realize the extent to which I want to imbue service in my life. To wake up and realize that you want to spend the rest of your life helping others isn’t a realization that comes overnight. Key Club has helped me realize this slowly over the course of my high school life. As I moved further up within my school and later the state, my passion for service grew exponentially. I look at this opportunity to serve you all and I only see more ways to bring us all together as a District, as a community of people transcending all age groups and labels to adopt only one – that of someone who lives to serve.

As District Editor, I have outlined my following objectives for the year:

However – and I know I’ve stated this before – these objectives are not my goals for me. Rather, they are ways with which I will be able, with you help, to reach the one goal I have for the year. I want to continue bringing us together to bring about change. When I look at the number of dedicated, passionate Key Clubbers I’ve been blessed to call family, I’m always in awe. I feel so, so lucky to have become a part of something so much bigger than myself, and I want everyone to experience this. This is my goal. I want everyone to experience what I’ve been lucky to share with you all – the joy of service, the beauty of Key Club.

The poet Rabindranath Tagore once wrote, “I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.” When I look at everything that we have managed to accomplish, I also see the joy with which they have been accomplished. I am so proud of our New Jersey District, and I am so happy to be with you all again in this capacity.

The Clubs I Manage

My Blog Posts