Picture of

Hi everyone! My name is Shannon Peng, and I’m a senior at Millburn High School, in Division 15. I’m extremely honored to introduce myself as the District Webmaster for the 2015-2016 Service Year!

When I first joined Key Club, in mid-November just three years ago, I was a tiny, shy freshman lugging my backpack around, searching for a space in the back of a crowded Room 171. It was full of people and maybe just a little bit intimidating. Over the past years, however, Key Club has grown to become a treasured influence in my life. I’ve met the most caring, most enthusiastic people, and I’ve had absolutely unforgettable experiences. It wasn’t until joining the K-Family that I realized how much of a difference an amazing community of dedicated, passionate individuals could make in the world around us. Writing this letter of introduction, I’m just as tiny and shy, and my backpack has gotten heavier to lug around, but I’ve grown to have a glowing love for service unlike any other.

In and outside of Key Club, I love virtually everything at the intersection of film, music, graphics, and computer science. I’m the type of person who might rant to you about how beautiful the Imitation Game score is (or about Alan Turing in general), or how Interstellar managed to create the most scientifically accurate representation of a black hole in cinematic history. In my free time, you might find me playing guitar with friends or attempting to incorporate new APIs into hackathon projects. At school, I’m also involved in Spanish Literary Magazine, HackMHS, and I cofounded my school’s GEMS (Girls in Engineering, Mathematics, and Science) initiative. In the 2014-2015 Service Year, I served as one of my home club's Co-Webmasters.

In my term as District Webmaster, my objectives are to:

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions, comments, or ideas – and best of luck with the 2015-2016 Service Year!

The Clubs I Manage

My Blog Posts