Picture of Akshaya

Greetings New Jersey District of Key Club International,

My name is Akshaya Dinesh and I am a sophomore at North Brunswick Township High School. I am extremely excited to serve as your District Webmaster for the 2016-2017 service year.

Key Club has become one of the biggest parts of my life. When I first joined as a freshman, I felt lost in a room of over a hundred people, all trying to make a difference. Soon though, I realized that every member can make an impact on the community by helping out in any way they can. I attended meetings, went to events, did volunteer work, and tutored at an elementary school as part of Key Club. These activities helped me develop a love for service. The friends and connections I made from Key Club motivated me to present myself for the position of District Webmaster the following year.

Outside of Key Club, I am involved in many extracurricular activities. I am the President and Founder of a Technology Club at NBTHS, where members gather to learn new concepts in computer science. I am a player on my school's Varsity Tennis team, as well as a member of Model UN. I am the Co-President of a local 4-H club. My favorite extra-curricular activity (other than Key Club) is attending hackathons. Hackathons are 24-hour coding marathons where I get to create an app, game, website, etc. and submit it for prizes. It is similar to Key Club because I come up with new ways of solving problems within my home, school, and community by using technology.

The immediate past District Webmaster, Shannon Peng, did an amazing job with the District Website, njkeyclub.org. I am honored to be her successor and I can only hope to accomplish as much as she did during the last service year. Here are some goals that I have for this year:

1. Re-organize files and resources on the District Website by adding a new tabbing system for ease of navigation.

2. Make the blog a bigger part of the website by creating a feed for users to quickly look at blog posts.

3. Work with the District Editor to improve district communication and involvement with the Jersey Key.

4. Maintain a network of Club Webmasters through email and Facebook, and provide them with assistance.

5. Implement new animations and graphics on the District Website.

If you have any questions about the NJ District, the District Website, or anything at all, please contact me through email, Facebook, or any other means of communication. I look forward to working with you all!

Yours in Caring and Service,

Akshaya Dinesh

The Clubs I Manage

My Blog Posts

Contact Me