Luke

Picture of Luke

Hello Kiwanis Family,

My name is Luke McGeown, and I am humbled and honored to be serving as district governor for the 2016-2017 Service Year.

I have always been driven to do everything in my capacity to make this world a better place. Discovering the Kiwanis Family in high school brought this passion to a new level. I never imagined that I would ever find over twelve thousand high schoolers so willing to serve their homes, schools, and communities. Over these past few years, I have seen our family accomplish feats I never could have imagined. As time goes on, we will continue to only improve upon our successes in the past to create even greater success in the future.

Aside from Key Club, I continue to stay involved with my local church. Additionally, I serve as my school’s German Honor Society president, webmaster for our Forensic Speech and Debate team, and president and founder of our school’s Junior State of America. I am also a member of our school’s track and field team for throwing, Future Business Leaders of America, Math Honor Society, and mentor for the New Comers Club.

Through serving as district governor this year, I can continue to exercise my passion of helping better the community. Through my experience as lieutenant governor, I fully understand the workings of the district board and know where and how we can improve upon our effectiveness as a district:

With what time I have already spent with this service year’s district board, I see our passion for service and potential for success. We will, as the New Jersey District always has, continue to make the world a better place, continue to help those who need it most, and continue to teach the young adults of our state the wonder and power of service.

Yours in caring and service,

Luke McGeown

The Clubs I Manage

My Blog Posts

Contact Me